The Internet is an imperative and a great invention in history. The world may not function properly without the internet in this century. The Internet is boon and a bane from my point of view, the internet has helped thousands of people and companies to grow significantly. But on the other side, it has more criminal and terrorist activities too.
The internet has always been a good place to gather knowledge, relax, organize, work and much more activates, but it is not a very safe place. People are hacked, cracked and threatened to death also. So, you will need a tool which can make your connection secure.
This tool which can make your connection safe and also make it faster sometimes is known as virtual private network (VPN) or virtual private service (VPS). It can in the form of an IP with port or an application or software or socks, etc. But mostly it can be found as software in computers or as an application in smartphones.
VPN work in a very spectacular way, if you want to request to a site through VPN then you will have to connect to your VPN and then request to the location via a browser or any other application, then it will first send your application to the server that your VPN is connected to then the server will request for the site you requested and it will send you the site you requested.
One such VPN is Psiphon, the world’s most used mobile VPN. Psiphon is used all across the globe because it is free, secure, fast and reliable. So, in this post, we will see the methods of Psiphon, pros, and cons of it and how to install Psiphon in your device.
Uses and Features
- Psiphon is used for secure connections. In case you are using a public or office or your college Wi-Fi then there are chances that you can be attacked through the network provided by your Institute, in this case, Psiphon will make your connection secure that no one can attack you.
- Psiphon makes your connection Faster in some cases, like if you are accessing a server in Canada from Australia, then you can connect to a Canadian server using Psiphon which will make your connection super-fast.
- Psiphon is used to unblock or access blocked websites in your country or college or office or from your internet service provider. For example, if PayPal is blocked in Pakistan then you can just connect to other country’s server where PayPal isn’t blocked through Psiphon, and you can access it.
Pros and Cons
- Psiphon is free, the is also a paid version with added benefits, these benefits were provided in the free version of Psiphon for a long time, but recently they have made everything paid. But still, you can get a decent speed and a very secure connection with the free version of Psiphon.
- The free version of Psiphon has a speed limit of 2MB per second which is great; other VPNs provide only speeds in kilobytes. Psiphon has an excellent bandwidth and speed according to its users.
- Psiphon makes your connection secure that you can use public Wi-Fi without any panic. In the premium version of Psiphon, you will be provided with an encrypted connection so that no one can hack you.
- Psiphon automatically selects the protocols, the best one for you according to the speed and distance of communication. The selected protocols are very efficient and reliable.
- You will be provided with a beautiful graph of your network speed and a detailed report of your upload and download speeds, and also the country’s server to which you are connected.
- You can select the best performance option in the options tab corresponding to server’s dropdown to get the best server selected for your convenience.
- You can configure your own VPN settings through the more choices menu in Options Tab. You will be able to add your Host username, port, if you choose to use proxy authentication, then you should add your proxy username, proxy password, and proxy domain.
- Psiphon provides you with two option of VPN connection, one where you will be provided with a browser powered by Psiphon which will be connected to the Psiphon’s servers to enjoy the fast and secure connection. Or you will have an option to tunnel your whole device which means you can have Psiphon to connect through its server for each and every application you use on your phone. If you use this, then you will have a very safe connection to the internet, and it will help you in a lot of ways. To have your whole device tunneled under Psiphon you will require an android phone with android version 4.0 or above, or you will need a rooted device.
- All VPNs secure your connection, but not from your VPNs server; anyone can attack your VPN’s server and steal your information through it.
- Depending on your ISP, you may get broken connection when you get connected via Psiphon.
- Psiphon is said to get regularly disconnected in some cases based on ISP or Android version or the network connection speed.
- Where to download Psiphon?
Psiphon can be directly downloaded from play store; both the free and paid versions are available as separate apps in play store.
- Should I provide proxy details to Psiphon for connecting it?
No, there are default Psiphon servers available with good speeds and secure connections. However, you can add your own details to connect also.
- Should I root my device to use Psiphon?
In some cases, yes, if you are using a custom ROM or an Android phone with the Android version below 4.0 then you will need a rooted device to tunnel your whole device.
- Is Psiphon a paid VPN service?
No, there is a free version and a paid version of Psiphon. Users are free to choose between them.
Psiphon is one of the most secure, reliable, fast and free VPN available in the market. Many people around the globe use Psiphon, so you can use it without any panic being tracked. I have been using the paid version of Psiphon, and I love it!